Survey Data Analyst
Change Research is innovating to solve critically-important problems at the intersection of data, social science, and politics. And in doing this, we hope to make our democracy better. We are not actively hiring for any open positions at this time.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We invite people with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team. If you would like to be considered for a possible future position with us, here’s an example of a role for which we often hire.
When the story of the 2020 election is told, there will be a section about how American democracy was preserved with the help of insight and data; chapters will be devoted to polling innovations that helped thousands of candidates — from the Democratic nominee for President, to municipal candidates and everyone in between — use modern data science techniques to win.
You want to be at the center of that next wave. You are building a career that bridges technology and politics, combining the best of both worlds to strengthen Democratic political infrastructure. You work on doing things better, and you thrive in an environment that prizes a commitment to impact and accuracy in a fast-paced campaign-like environment.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We invite people with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team. We encourage all qualified applicants, including women, people of color, gays and lesbians, transgender people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
As a Change Research Survey Data Analyst, you will be a Change pollster. Change Research employs a fast-paced, scientific approach to polling, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions in many different ways. This is an ideal position for someone who loves doing social science research, is well versed in technology, and wants to get their hands dirty in pursuit of a good cause.
As our Survey Data Analyst Fellow, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research on behalf of clients who are forward-thinking candidates and causes
- Collect data on political districts, candidates, and issues
- Use research to develop survey questionnaires, working closely with colleagues and clients
- Analyze the results of polls, and prepare presentations and reports for clients guiding them on what the data shows
- Consult with clients about how the data answers their questions
- Present findings to clients, both in writing and over Zoom
- Work with our data science and engineering teams to create best practices
- Experienced in politics or social science and well versed in the language of data
- Rigorous in your attention to data details and analytical skills
- Proficient with Python and/or R and/or Excel and/or SQL
- Able to explain data and numbers in simple language
- Able to quickly understand technology-based problems with your innate savvy
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Excited to be part of a team committed to making a difference in our country’s political climate
We are an equal opportunity employer with a team around the country. We offer a workplace that is both casual and professional, and a culture that is committed to learning, fun, and excellence. We offer competitive salaries, plus a flexible paid time off program, health, dental, and vision insurance, and company holidays