Head of Politics and Advocacy
You’re an experienced political or polling leader, and you want to have a massive impact on guiding the strategy of political and advocacy organizations across the country. You’re eager to improve the world by providing better data to leaders who will make the world more humane, scientific, and just. You are eager to improve and even reinvent the way that public opinion is measured.
Since 2017, Change Research has been at the forefront of measuring public opinion. Candidates, causes, cities, and companies use our data to understand people’s needs, improve messaging, and accomplish their strategic goals.
Change Research’s work sits at the intersection of data, social science, governance, and politics. We strive to improve American democracy and people’s lives. In just a few years, we have conducted more than 2000 surveys, working with amazing candidates at every level.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We invite folks with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives — our leadership team has a broad mix of professional backgrounds, from startups to political consulting, and from pure tech to Congressional staffing. Black, indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ+ people, women, veterans, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer. Join us.
About the role:
As the head of our politics and advocacy team, you will be responsible for the growth and success of Change Research’s politics and advocacy efforts, including both sales and polling. This is a growth opportunity.
You are driven by politics, by impact, and by a desire to grow a business, and you’re committed to take on a wide range of challenges as we push the industry and the world to rethink what it means to understand public opinion.
You understand polling and political strategy, you’re comfortable working with people at the highest levels of politics, and you are equally effective at running meetings, mentoring colleagues, making strategic decisions, and collaborating with everyone from software engineers to US Senate candidates to get things done.
As the leader of our politics and advocacy team, you will:
- Guide and refine Change Research’s story.
- Define Change Research’s political and advocacy offerings to clients.
- Work with our leadership team to define metrics of success for both business and impact.
- Collaborate with the company’s leadership (including your counterpart at Embold Research) and product teams on our product roadmap, to define the next generation of Change Research products and technologies.
- Lead a sales team and operation that is both metrics- and impact-driven.
- Be responsible for our political polling team: the Director of Polling (who manages a team of pollsters / survey data analysts) will report to you.
- Serve as an individual face of Change Research on sales and polling.
- Work with both pollsters and sales team members to coordinate approaches to research design that will make our clients successful.
- You are executing on work; we are a team of people who get work done.
- Collaborate as a member of the leadership team, guiding strategic and execution decisions for the company.
- Run meetings and serve as a face of Change Research both internally and externally.
- Act with honesty, integrity, and focus to help make the world more humane, scientific, and just.
Change Research prides itself on communicating and executing in a way that considers the company’s and customer’s process holistically. You are obsessed with results, quality, problem solving, and creativity. You are a team player.
- 5+ years in a management / leadership role
- Understanding of and experience with public opinion polling, political campaigns, and advocacy work
- Comfortable with some ambiguity and a willingness to iron out the missing details
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Flexible with the ability to work with a variety of personalities and types of work
- Experienced in national, state, and local politics
- Comfortable managing a remote team
- Excited to be part of a team committed to making a difference in our country’s political climate
Compensation and work environment:
This position pays an annual salary of $140,000 – $190,000.
Our workplace is both casual and professional, and we are committed to learning, fun, and excellence. This full-time position includes annual salary, equity, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter benefits, flexible PTO, and company holidays. Everyone on our team works hard and is committed to the work we are doing, but we are flexible on the details of how, when, and where you work.