You’re an operations manager or human resources generalist, and you’re eager to improve the world by providing better data to leaders who will make the world more humane, scientific, and just.
Since 2017, we’ve been making it possible for forward thinking organizations and political candidates to quickly, affordably, and accurately measure public opinion online. Forward-thinking candidates, causes, cities, and companies use our data to understand people’s needs, improve messaging, and accomplish their goals. Change Research’s work sits at the intersection of data, social science, governance, and politics. We strive to improve American democracy and people’s lives.
In 2021, we are continuing our valuable work on politics and advocacy, while expanding our non-partisan business under a second business unit. Your work will support the growth of the full team.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We invite folks with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ+ people, women, veterans, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer. Join us.
As our Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
Build our Culture:
- Work closely with VP of Operations to build our company culture, devise new ways to interact with and between team members
- Manage the weekly all-hands meeting, including selecting topics to highlight and select guest speakers
- Lead and participate in socially focused activities to build community among our remote team
Support our Team with Human Resources work:
- Identify and cultivate key sources of diverse talent
- Contribute to our development of a values-driven pipeline and recruitment program
- Oversee employee onboarding, ensuring a positive employee orientation experience, including the correct, compliant, and timely completion of new hire paperwork
- Manage employee offboarding, including tools management and exit interviews
- Deliver business-critical client-facing documents and processes
- Automate, streamline, and identify opportunities to improve processes to increase the efficiency of the Operations team
- Provide logistics support to cross-departmental team members on a wide variety of projects
- 3-5 years in political/non-profit operations, human resources and/or administrative support, experience in politics or non-profit a plus
- Experience working with legal agreements and contracts preferred
- Comfortable with detailed documentation – making sense of it and preparing it
- Able to think through complex problems, determine proper processes, derive solutions, and present results to the team
- Good at figuring things out in a thoughtful way
- Well organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and professional
- Clear communicator, in writing and spoken
- Proactive team player, eager to create more effective and efficient processes and solutions
- Scrappy and able to prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Able to thrive as a remote team member
Compensation and work environment:
This position pays an annual salary of $71,000-$83,000
We offer competitive salaries, plus company equity, a flexible paid time off program, health, dental, and vision insurance, and company holidays. Change Research is an equal opportunity employer with a team around the country. We offer a workplace that is both casual and professional, and a culture that is committed to learning, fun, and excellence.