Sr. Survey Data Analyst – Nonpartisan Unit
Sr Survey Data Analyst — Nonpartisan Unit
Change Research innovates to solve critically important problems at the intersection of data, social science, and politics.
Change Research recently launched a new business unit focused on nonpartisan public opinion research for public, private, and nonprofit entities working to improve the communities they serve.
This unit, Embold Research, is particularly focused on building solutions for government entities, and building a body of work around local-level issues. Learn more about our new unit at emboldresearch.com.
You want to be at the center of the next wave to work on helping leaders better understand the people they serve. You thrive in a fast-paced environment that prizes a commitment to impact and accuracy.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We invite people with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team. Black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ+ people, women, veterans, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Join us!
As our Senior Survey Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to:
Utilize your public-opinion polling and/or market research experience on behalf of clients in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
Collect data on quality of life, institutional trust, and social/economic issues.
Use research to develop survey questionnaires in close collaboration with colleagues and clients.
Program, weight, and analyze the results of polls. Prepare presentations and reports guiding clients on what the data show.
Use some mix of machine learning, data visualization, natural language processing, and clustering to develop new products
Devise ways to use data from across surveys to draw inferences across different regions and populations.
Find effective ways to analyze and share poll results, and generalize them so that we can show them to many clients
We employ a fast-paced, scientific approach to polling, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions in many different ways. This is an ideal position for someone who loves doing social science research, is well versed in technology, is interested in bringing new products to market, and wants to help leaders better understand the people and places they serve.
- At least 5 years of experience in political polling, market research, or social science research. Well versed in the language of data and persuasive communications
- Experience writing survey questionnaires and summarizing findings
- Rigorous in your attention to data details and analytical skills
- Able to explain data and numbers in plain English
- Able to quickly understand technology-based problems with your innate savvy
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Experience in client-facing roles and/or presenting to media or in other public forums
- Worked in government, public affairs, social science research, or a related field
- Proficient with SQL and Excel. Familiar with Python and/or R.
Compensation and Work Environment:
This is a full-time employee position. It pays an annual salary of $90,000 – $115,000, commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a remote team around the country. We offer a workplace that is both casual and professional, and a culture that is committed to learning, fun, and excellence. This full-time position includes annual salary, equity, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter benefits, flexible paid time off,, and company holidays. Everyone on our team works hard and is committed to the work we are doing, but we are flexible on the details of how, when, and where you work.
When it is safe to do so, we may re-open our San Francisco and Washington, D.C. offices and may require occasional travel.