Business Development Manager
Since 2017, Change Research has been at the forefront of measuring public opinion. Candidates, causes, cities, and companies use our data to understand people’s needs, improve messaging, and accomplish their strategic goals.
You want to be at the center of that. You are building a career that bridges technology and politics, combining the best of both worlds to strengthen Democratic political infrastructure. You work on doing things better, and you thrive in an environment that prizes a commitment to impact and accuracy in a fast-paced campaign-like environment.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We invite people with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team. Black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ+ people, women, veterans, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to drive business growth for Change Research’s Politics and Advocacy business unit, in areas including:
- Political campaigns
- Independent expenditures supporting Democrats
- Democratic state parties and caucuses
- Advocacy organizations
- Consulting firms that work with the above
This is a chance to understand the polling and data needs of forward-thinking candidates and organizations, and to explain to them how Change Research’s modern approach to polling can help. You will collaborate with pollsters, data scientists, and other colleagues to drive growth, build our reputation, and solve problems for clients.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with campaign managers, political directors, and others seeking to improve the way they communicate with voters and in support of reaching sales targets
- Build and drive partnerships with PR and advertising firms, and other types of consultants, to increase the scale and reach of our sales efforts
- Skillfully build interest and create opportunities with new prospects
- Understand company offerings and translate that knowledge into compelling sales pitches that solve client problems
- You will also have the opportunity to:
- Secure visibility opportunities and champion big ideas on behalf of company
- Assist in building a deep, nuanced understanding of our clientele and their problems; propose new and exciting ways and help drive our strategy
- Inform sales and marketing collateral, pricing strategy, etc.
- Core Responsibilities:
You are an experienced professional with a network of contacts in politics and advocacy. You know what these organizations need and how they make decisions on whom to hire. You have stories to tell about ideas you’ve brought to life and projects you’ve built from the ground up.
- 4+ years experience working on or with political campaigns and advocacy organizations
- Strong relationship builder, able to cultivate a strong network on behalf of the company
- Ability to think creatively, identify opportunities to solve problems for clients, and proactively anticipate client needs
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial, comfortable with working in an early-stage environment
- Passion for making a difference in Democratic and progressive politics
- Thorough attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, professional demeanor
- Avid interest in current events, public affairs and social issues
- Curious about new people and comfortable and experienced asking them questions about themselves and their goals
Compensation and work environment:
This full-time, remote position pays an annual salary of $60,000-$80,000. It includes annual salary, equity, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and company holidays.
Our workplace is both casual and professional, and we are committed to learning, fun, and excellence. Everyone on our team works hard and is committed to the work we are doing, but we are flexible on the details of how, when, and where you work. The largest number of team members are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Resumes will be accepted before November 19, 2021.