About Change Research
Change Research innovates to solve critically-important problems at the intersection of data, social science, and politics.
American democracy was preserved in 2020 with the help of insight and data; polling innovations helped thousands of candidates — from the Democratic nominee for President to municipal candidates and everyone in between — use modern data science techniques to win.
You want to be at the center of the next wave to work on doing things better and thrive in an environment that prizes a commitment to impact and accuracy in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and value the strength of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives brought to our team. We strongly encourage women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, people living with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations to apply.
This is a non-entry level, permanent, full-time, remote position and may require occasional travel and reports to the Director of Polling. This position is under the direction of our Politics + Advocacy business unit and works closely with Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations. Strong candidates will possess a keen interest in progressive politics.
As our Survey Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research on behalf of clients who are forward-thinking candidates and causes, including not-for-profits
- Collect data on political districts, candidates, and issues
- Use research to develop survey questionnaires in close collaboration with colleagues and clients
- Analyze the results of polls, and prepare presentations and reports guiding clients on what the data shows
- Consult with clients about how the data answers their questions
- Present findings to clients, both in writing and over Zoom
- Work with our data science and engineering teams to surface deep insights on voter behavior
Change Research employs a fast-paced, scientific approach to polling, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions in many different ways. This is an ideal position for someone who loves doing social science research, is well versed in technology, and wants to get their hands dirty in pursuit of a good cause.
- At least two years or cycles of experience in politics or social science and well versed in the language of data and campaign communications
- Rigorous in your attention to data details and analytical skills
- Proficient with SQL and Excel. Familiar with Python and/or R
- Able to explain data and numbers in plain English
- Able to quickly understand technology-based problems with your innate savvy
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Excited to be part of a team committed to making a difference in our country’s future
Compensation and Work Environment:
The Analyst salary range is $75,000 to $95,000 annually, based on relevant experience, and includes these benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible PTO & company holidays
- Equity options
- Office stipend
- Bonus potential
Our workplace is both casual and professional, and we are committed to learning, fun, and excellence. Everyone on our team works hard and is committed to the work we are doing. We provide opportunities for advancement and salary increases. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you are selected to interview, our process includes:
- Preliminary video interview: Approx. 30 min
- At-home exercise: Approx. 1 hr 30 min
- Additional video interviews: Approx. 1 hr
- Video interview with manager: Approx. 1hr
- Reference Checks
How to Apply
Click the “Apply” link to submit a resume and answer a few brief questions. Applications will be received on a rolling basis. We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.